- Albert (Tootie) Heath ready for the show Albert (Tootie) Heath ready for the show
- Albert (Tootie) Heath with Vahagn from SoulPatch Music Productions Albert (Tootie) Heath with Vahagn from SoulPatch Music Productions
- At KMHD Jazz Radio At KMHD Jazz Radio
- Chuck Israels Chuck Israels
- Marquee Marquee
- Rehearsal Rehearsal
- Richard Sears. Richard Sears.
- Tootie Heath at rehearsal Tootie Heath at rehearsal
- Tootie Heath being interviewed on KMHD Jazz Radio Tootie Heath being interviewed on KMHD Jazz Radio
- Tootie Heath Tootie Heath
- Tootie and drummer Mel Brown Tootie and drummer Mel Brown
- Whole-Drum-Truth-028 Whole-Drum-Truth-028
View the embedded image gallery online at:
SoulPatch Music Productions is proud to represent legendary drummer and educator Albert “Tootie” Heath!
Born on May 31st 1935 in Philadelphia, Albert “Tootie” Heath was raised in a musical household as the younger brother of saxophonist Jimmy Heath and bassist Percy Heath. In pursuit of a musical career as a drummer, he moved to New York in 1957 and in a few months made his recording debut with John Coltrane for the saxophonist’s first recording “Coltrane”. Mr. Heath recorded with him again in 1960 on the album “Lush Life”.
Tootie Heath’s career reads like a who’s who in jazz. He has recorded with Dexter Gordon, Sonny Rollins, Nina Simone, Bobby Timmons, Yusef Lateef, Herbie Hancock, Milt Jackson, Wes Montgomery, Billy Taylor, Mal Waldron, Cedar Walton, J.J. Johnson and countless others. In 1975 together with his brothers Jimmy and Percy, Tootie formed the Heath Brothers band. The band enjoyed international acclaim, toured extensively, and still performs with various bassists after Percy’s death in 2005.
Tootie Heath with Sonny Rollins. “St. Thomas”